Wednesday, November 21, 2012

bus mates


I live in Brooklyn, NY and my family lives in Gaithersburg, MD.  For the past 10 years, I have taken the bus back n' forth between the two states countless times.  I'm a bus veteran.  Bus aficionada.  I know my buses well.  I have taken the dangerous Fung-Wa bus from Chinatown, Megabus to Baltimore, Vamoose Bus and Tripper Bus to Bethesda.  I've seen the amenities of bus offerings grow and evolve over the years.  I often joke with my friends about random encounters with strangers on the bus but secretly love it.  Bus diaries, I call it.  Sometimes, the solo ride to and fro will be filled with quiet gazing out the window with my ipod and books.  Other times, I find myself in a 4 hour conversation with my bus seat mate discussing the state of the world.  Travel in any capacity is amazing.  It momentarily makes you more present, vulnerable and open to being inspired by your surroundings.  Get to know your bus mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment